Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sharks not so dangerous anymore? Is this really news??

Baffoon Level- Defcon 3
This recent article about the correlation between shark attacks and the economic downturn is just more punch yourself in the head news than I can really bear. I mean in all seriousness, I thought for a second that I had just opened up a recent copy of the Onion, but in reality this was one of the lead stories for the science section on yahoo news. Now I know that this isn't the National Geographic Society or anything, but come on people get a grip on yourselves. The editor of this should be fed to Great Whites or something, that would make better news. I don't know what made me more irritated this or that cold shower I took yesterday after the pilot light on the water heater went out, I still suffering from mental trauma???



3 comments:

  1. This story actually helped me decide how to reallocate my 401K. I think it is great when science is used to help all of us understand complicated things like this economy. Thanks for posting this great article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea, in fact I have plenty of space under my bed for some retirement funds!! Or should I bury it in the garden next to my apartment...This whole economic crisis is just got me thinking away from the money economy and back to the barter economy...I plan on trading my computer in too for a typewriter as well as my car for a horse drawn carriage. In fact I may just go off the grid entirely, I am getting hungry though where is that stupid cat......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you were you shouldn't put it... in your eye. Because some Baffoon will just hit with an ice scraper and steal it.

    ReplyDelete